backgrond

Monday, January 31, 2011

Life as a Hoarder...on bed rest

Being on bed rest has turned me into a hoarder.  As you can see from the picture why I have self diagnosed myself with the hoarding addiction.  I do not want to throw away anything on my bedside table, I only make request for family members to add more to my table.  I spend 90% of my day in bed, and I am afraid that if Martin is not home, and I need something, I will not be able to get it.  So I keep magazines, books, crafts, snacks, water, and anything else I could possibly imagine being in need of,  right by the bed. 


You may be concerned that I am running a pharmacy, overdosing on medications, or working on drug deals when spotting the basket of prescription drugs...don't worry it is not what it seems.

Although I do not watch a lot of TV...it is overstimulating, I do enjoy Hallmark movies and Meg and Will's wedding video.  We do not have a remote for the DVD player in our bedroom so when someone calls or I become distracted, I mute the TV and then wait to restart the DVD at the beginning when I get up to use the restroom.  Lets just say, I think I have seen the rehearsal dinner 15 times...I have still not seen the entire video.  You can see why this provides so much entertainment for me.
I also spend a lot of time sitting in the girls nursery.  I can't do anything but just sit and dream.  I had Martin pull in a bench for me to sit on, and I can spend a long time, thinking about what it will be like when both of the cribs have a baby girl sleeping in them..or screaming in them...I think about that too.  My mom has done an AMAZING job on the nursery. I will post more picture of the nursery when it is completed.


I also get a lot of visitors, which makes the day go so much faster!  I am very blessed with family and friends who have brought lunch, made dinner, and have come over to play.

My niece, Savannah
My niece, McKenzie

My niece, Sadie

And when I am really lucky, I get to take a car ride.  I even got to go inside Target.  Martin loved watching me in the motorized wheelchair.  He thought it was hysterical.  I was not paying him much attention, but the girls behind the counter thought he was a comedian.


I want to have this post to show Hadley and Harper one day when they are not behaving.  I can show them what I was doing to make sure they were healthy little babies.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in shock! I didn't know you had it in you to be a hoarder!!!!

    ReplyDelete