backgrond

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

We're having a baby!

I had often thought about how I would tell Martin, and our family we were expecting a baby. So after taking a pregnancy test …I made a tank top that said “baby” with an arrow pointing down.  I made dinner and set the table to include bibs, baby spoons, and Sippy cups. It seemed like forever, but I waited at the door for Martin to come home from work.   We enjoyed dinner with big grins on our face and refrained from calling everyone we knew.

A few weeks later, after getting a positive blood test from the doctor, we invited my family over to celebrate a belated Father’s Day and we invited Martin’s family over to celebrate his dad’s birthday. Somehow by the grace of God we convinced 10 family members to all come over for a Sunday lunch.  We made baby back ribs, baby spinach salad, baby corn, baby tomatoes  (in pasta) and ice cream with baby chocolate chips.  We all gathered to say a blessing before lunch.  At the end of Martin’s blessing he said, “we pray that you protect and nourish the baby in Traci’s stomach…amen."  You can see the reaction from the pictures.  Such an exciting and memorable day. 

1 comment:

  1. Just so amazing...what a gift to have twins...the blog is just beautiful and reminds me how fast time flies....love to all.

    ReplyDelete