backgrond

Friday, September 2, 2011

6 Months Old...just pretend

I am just going to pretend that I made this post on August 10th when the girls really did turn 6 months old.  So I am going to share all their habits and milestones that happened between July 10th and August 10th....because I am going to be posting them at 7 months old in just a few days or so:)

Dear Hadley and Harper,

You girls smile and giggle all the time.  We love to tickle you are make you laugh.  You are becoming a little more independent everyday.  You girls love to play.  I can be holding you and laughing with you, and as soon as you spot a toy, you are done with me.  You both absolutely love your play mat.  You will both lay on your play mat for hours if I would let you.  You like to grab at the toys and suck on anything you can get in your mouth.  You have learned how to roll over.  Hadley you rolled over first.  You were asleep in your swaddle.  I came to get you out of your crib and you were face down without any hands to hold yourself up.  So that was the first time you rolled and the last time you were in a swaddle.  I thought breaking you'll of the swaddle was going to be hard, but it wasn't.  One day I just stopped putting you in and it was no problem.  Harper you started to roll over a few days after your sister.  I thought rolling was going to be a fun and easy milestone, but it was a nightmare at first.  You both roll to your belly and then get stuck and can't roll back over.  You would scream and scream because you were mad.  I tried to keep going in your room and rolling you back over to your back but that was no help because you rolled back to your belly before I could even get out of the room.  I tried sleep positioners and sleeping in a bouncy seat but nothing really worked.  So eventually you learned to just sleep on your stomach.  Now you both love sleeping on your stomach and you don't care that you don't know how to roll to your back.

Hadley, you are still scared of strangers, especially men.  Harper you are not bothered by strangers....for now.  Hadley, you always have your tongue out but you are always smiling. Your nicknames are Michal Jordan baby and smiley.  We started rice cereal this month.  Harper, you loved it and Haldey, you hated the spoon in you mouth.  You gagged every time.

You are both wonderful sleepers.  You sleep for 2 hours and are awake for 2 hours.  Sometimes your morning naps last 3 hours.  You take 2 long naps during the day and 1 catnap in the evening.  You both still love bath time.  You kick and splash.

I have loved watching you grow.  You definitely know who your mommy and daddy are, and we love to watch your eyes follow us around the room.  Thank you for another wonderful month!

Love, Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment