backgrond

Monday, April 11, 2011

2 Months Old

The girls are 2 months old!  They are getting big and so much fun.  I feel like they are "real" babies now...if that makes any sense.


They have grown so much in 1 month!


What I want to remember about you at 2 months old:

You are still in newborn diapers, but have almost grown out of them.
Newborn clothes fit the best, but we can manage with some 0-3 months.
You both weigh about 9.5 pounds (We will know for sure tomorrow after your doctor's appointment)

I always like to "look for chunk" on your legs.  It makes you smile, and it makes me happy that you are gaining weight.

You both can focus on faces and smile. 
Although Harper, you smile at us, you are much more serious than your sister.
Hadley, you grin so big your whole mouth is wide open.  Hadley you will focus on your sister's face and smile.  You try to talk to Harper, but Harper just stares at you for now.

You are both starting to make sweet noises to interact with me and your dad

You sleep in the same crib together.  You sleep from 7:30pm-7:30am with one feeding around 3am.  We will take that! 
You are great eaters.  Hadley, you always want to eat. 
You both nurse well.  Harper is always finished first. I work really hard to avoid a lot of spit up, but it never fails one of you spits up enough to make me change my clothes.

Because you are both sleeping so much more at night, you want to eat a lot during the day.  We have moved your bottles up to 4ounces.  Dad has mastered feeding both of you at the same time, but you always get mad when he takes both bottles out to burp you one at a time.  Maybe we can eventually learn to burp you both at the same time.
I can't wait to see what the next month brings!

2 comments:

  1. What a great post Mom! Happy 2 month birthday girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your pictures...and I loved seeing you and the sweet girls last week!

    ReplyDelete